Sunday, July 20, 2008

blue parakeet in the outlet by the light switch?

Out of no where, we noticed a blue parakeet on our fire escape. Beka tried to help it until she saw its claws and was afraid to stick her finger out for a perch (seriously... you see those things?).

So we just left some water and raw sunflower seeds out and showed the cats the bird... its gone now, we don't know what happened to it... our neighbor asked if it was ours and gave it some cheerios. Maybe it doesn't like cheerios and sunflower seeds.



3 comments:

bewedge said...

Probably someone's pet that got out an open window. Afraid parakeets don't eat sunflower seeds...probably all you had in the house. They like smaller seeds. Not sure about the cherrios! His footsies wouldn't have hurt had you put your finger out. More danger in his biting you! Sorry...I never got you guys a bird so you would know that.

Rebekah said...

That's what I thought too... that it was a pet. Doug laughed at me when I came up with an elaborate story about a little kid who begged his parents to get a bird and then lost it.

And yes, I think his footsies would hurt... click on the picture and look at his claws... we decided he had been loose a while since he had such long talons. I don't want that in my hand...

and don't be sorry for never getting me a bird... I don't like birds as pets for longer than about 5 minutes. Fun to see in a store, but I wouldn't want one in my house.

bewedge said...

It's funny...every time I have to take Gustie to the vet he knows that we get to walk around PetSmart after and we always end up at the birds so he can look at them! He really seems to get entertainment out of watching them!