Saturday, February 2, 2008

out with a bang

and a crash, and screams, and jackhammers...
Really.

For our last night sleeping in our old apartment, it was like all the stops were being pulled out. About 3:00am some people were singing (kinda?) down the street and woke us up. At 5:30am, a group was screaming as they walked down the street. About 7:00am trucks were pulling up and idling outside. Finally by 8:30am, the jackhammer started.

This is the view from our window. In between the two crosswalks is the entrance to our building (where we had mistakenly planned on loading the car). This picture is remarkably representative of what it was like living on Broadway — cars, people, construction, and that damn bus stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. You will be happy to know that Con Edison is still at it. I've become quite delirious in my lack of sleep: it's actually becoming funny. Check out my latest video where I speak of this state of existence:

http://www.myspace.com/karisheadspace.

I'm so glad I found your blog! So fabulous! Hooray! It's definitely going on my daily reading list. :)